Do you own a home in the Cairns area which you would like to list as a holiday rental?
But you need to find a property manager because you don't live here?
The services provided by Cairns Holiday Homes
We run a short term rental listing site which provides a much deeper service than that offered by the giant listing sites like AirBnB, Homeaway, Booking and TripAdvisor. Those services include:
- Advice on setting up your holiday home
- Pricing your home for the various seasons
- Photographing your home & property
- Setting up the listing description on our website - writing the copy and choosing the photos
- Setting up the pricing in the website calendar booking engine and maintaining it
- We deal with all enquiries - explaining the booking conditions, answering questions, directing payment to the owner, sending the final payment reminder & following up for a review request
We also provide a co-hosting service for some owners who do not have the time to manage their AirBnB & Homeaway listings.
But, we do not provide a Property Management service.
What does Property Management involve?
A lot of work - as our local owners tell us and we know from our own holiday home. But it is a very rewarding job when treated as a business and not a hobby. Managing your own property saves a considerable amount of expense. Getting someone else to manage your property will usually run to 15-25% of booking income + expenses. The percentage figure will depend on what expenses are included and what are extra.
Organising cleaners, garden & pool maintenance, repairs, photography and listing on various sites is intensive. You can be called out at any time because something is not working or a lightbulb has blown. Such call-outs may not happen all the time but they tend to happen at the most inconvenient times like long holiday weekends.
Very few real estate agencies provide short term rental management - probably because there is a lot more work and cost involved than managing traditional long term unfurnished rentals.
Who can provide Property Management?
For a long time we had no one to recommend when we had an enquiry from an absent landlord hoping to switch from long-term rental to the potentially more lucrative business of short term holiday rentals.
Now we have a property manager and co-host in Cairns who we are happy to recommend after meeting and sharing ideas and experiences.
Catarina Moura has been running her business "Your Home Cairns" since July 2019. Your Home Cairns
Contact Catarina through her website: yourhomecairns.com or phone her: +61 418 464 788
We have a number of free Gift Vouchers (valued at $180) from Your Home Cairns for a consultation with Catarina. The consultation will include:
Contact us if you would like a free consultation
Email:Ph: 0438 134 173
Listing and Co-hosting
If you use YourHomeCairns, Catarina will list you on several of the major sites. You will work that out with her.
We recommend Catarina because we want to help everyone who contacts us and we also want to see our Cairns region maintain a very good name for providing quality short term holiday rentals.
We also hope that you will list with Cairns Holiday Homes
- We have a listing fee (which includes photography and costs less than the cost of a 1 night stay) plus a commission on every booking.
- The photographs remain the property of Cairns Holiday Homes and are only used on our website. The reason for this is that Google does not like to see the same copy and the same photos everywhere. It helps us to remain on Google page 1 of the search engine results.
- You may query a fee because none of the major listing sites charge a fee to list. However, they do not create your listing for you. You have to provide photos and write your descriptive copy yourself. There is at least a day's work in that for each listing.
- We also manage all enquiries coming through our website. When a booking is made, the deposit and the final payment (30 days before arrival) are paid to you immediately.
- Success with short term rentals requires using several channels (listing sites) but in practice it is quite hard to successfully manage more than 3-4 at once. The main issue is keeping your calendar updated on every site to avoid a double booking.
Our two biggest advantage over the major listing sites:
- We have 35 years of local knowledge from working in North Queensland tourism
- We know every house listed on our site so we are able to answer any questions from our customers
If we can be of assistance in any way, please call Lizzie on 0438 134 173 or email: