|View Additional Photos|
|Check Moody Homestead Availability Calendar|
October 2015 - Flipkey
Second time we stayed here, love it!
What a perfect place for large groups. this is our second time staying here. This time we had three families stay here with 6 children. We were up in cairns for the BMX state championship and staying at the house for 5 nights was ideaL. Very spacious and comfortable and all the little details make it extra special. Perfect for entertaining and a very secure property. We all loved swimming and relaxing after the racing and even had friends to join us. Great to have the indoor kitchen and undercover area so even when it rains you can still be outside having a bbq. Karen who lives upstairs on the property is just wonderful and made our stay perfect. We were able to have a great time without worrying about neighbours like you would in a unit. Such fantastic value for money and if we are in Cairns again we would definatley stay there. It is like home away from home but even better! Thank you so much Karen.
Katrina T, Brisbane, Australia
September 2015 - Flipkey
Great house for a large group!
The house was perfect for our group of 17, plenty of space and the outdoor area was excellent! The kids had a ball and Karen (the caretaker) was very friendly but discreet. Thanks so much!
July 2015 - Flipkey
excellent all round
We travelled as two families - one from the UK and one from Adelaide and we met in Cairns. We had a really great stay in Harvester. The accommodation was spacious, clean and very well kitted out. Karen was attentive and helpful but very discrete. All in all a lovely place to stay.
penni51, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
November 2014 - Flipkey
Excellent basic accommodation
6 friends stayed at this home; comments from all - spacious, clean, peaceful, convenient to public transport and supermarket. Fans in all bedrooms, pleasant gardens and pool area. Resident caretaker extremely helpful without being intrusive. Thankyou Karen and Heather for an affordable and pleasant holiday.Jan R
June 2014, FlipKey
Fantastic accommodation for the entire family and more!
We had 3 families stay at The Harvester Home as the men were participating in the Ironman Cairns. It was wonderful, the space was big enough for the kids to play and for us to put all our gear and equipment. Woolsworth is just a stone's throw away and getting to the city was very convenient. Highly recommended for big families or large group of friends. Pity that the weather wasn't in our favour or we would have loved to try out the pool and BBQ!
May 2014, FlipKey
Fantastic Conveniant Practical Comfortable
We stayed here for a week with 12 adults and had a ball only wish we could have stayed longer loved it. good value for the money and found it to be in a convenient location with in easy reach to what ever we had planned for the day and very comfortable to come back and relax.
The Harvester Home, 44 Moody St, Manoora
7 bedrooms, sleep 15 from $390 per night
Do you have a large family and are struggling to find a home with the space for everyone to be together under one roof?
Look no further - Harvester is huge.
4 bedrooms on the ground floor in the main house and 3 bedrooms in the attached unit.
The property comes with a bit of history too because it was the hub of the farm before it became a suburb. The main house was the farmhouse when this area was still canefields and the unit originally was the cane harvester garage until the present owners converted it to a ground floor unit for a family member with a disability.
The unit has 3 bedrooms for 7 people, a TV room and a bathroom designed for wheelchair use.
The main house has 4 bedrooms for 8 people, is tiled throughout, has comfy seating and a large screen TV, an office nook, a brand new bathroom and a well equipped kitchen.
Between the house and the annex is a huge covered area with lots of chairs and tables. This is the heart of the home with room for everyone to get together and enjoy their holiday as a group. Free broadband wifi will keep everyone connected to the rest of the world too.
The covered area also has a kitchen bench and sink with a BBQ , gas burners and an electric oven. The view is towards the beautiful green mountain backdrop of Cairns. With a large swimming pool surrounded by nearly an acre of garden and a wonderful old cubby house, there is plenty to keep the kids excited.
There are overhead fans throughout and all bedrooms and indoor living areas are air-conditioned and security screened.
Welcome to your own private holiday resort.
The owner Karen lives on site and has an old friendly dog which she keeps in her section of the property. Karen is very discreet and respects your privacy. If you need help or advice about things to do, you have your own onsite concierge.
Click any of these links below for more information:
Location – shopping at Raintrees 400m, Earlville 3km, Cairns Central 5km
- Skyrail, Tjapukai, Cable-Skiing 13km, Cairns Esplanade Lagoon 6km
- Flecker Botanical Gardens 3.5km
- Tablelands: Kuranda 29km, Atherton 80km, Millaa Millaa Falls 98km
- North: Port Douglas 67km, Daintree Ferry 105km, Cape Tribulation 140km
- South: Babinda Boulders 64km, Josephine Falls 74km, Bramston Beach 81km, Etty Bay 99km
- Sunbus services from Raintrees – Timetables & routes 123/133, 130/131
- Taxi: Ph 131008
The Harvester Home - 4 bedrooms with swimming pool
- 4 bedrooms on the ground floor of a 2 story house - See bed layout
- Sleeps 8 guests, all bedrooms air-conditioned
- 2 Queen , 1 double, 2 king singles
- Bathroom with shower and separate toilet
- Large air-conditioned open plan kitchen and living area
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Fully insect and security screened
- Huge undercover tiled living area with second kitchen and BBQ
- Off street parking for several cars
- Large tropical garden with swimming pool and cubby house
The Harvester unit – 3 bedrooms (all a/c)
- 3 bedrooms, all air-conditioned, for 7 guests
- Double , 2 singles, 3 king singles
- Air-conditioned living area
- Wheel chair friendly bathroom facilities
- All bed linen, towels and swimming towels supplied
- Facilities for the disabled, wheelchair friendly
- 2 Portacots and a highchair
- Well equipped kitchens with dining setting for more than 15 people
- 2 fridges, 2 microwave and dishwasher
- 4 ring electric stove/oven and 4 burner /electric oven (outdoor area), gas BBQ
- Basic kitchen supplies: oil, condiments, tea, coffee, sugar
- Cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaner
- 2 washing machines, 2 dryers, 2 irons and boards, starter supply of powder
- Free wireless internet (ADSL)
- TVs, DVDs, stereos, books, games
Rates: Harvester Home, Moody St
|Rates for 2017 for up to 15 people:|
|Less Than A Week||$470||4 nights|
|Extra person (max 2)||$25|
|Rates for 2017 for up to 8 people:|
|Less Than A Week||$295||4 nights|
|Rates for 2018 for up to 15 people:|
|Less Than A Week||$480||4 nights|
Extra person (max 2)
Rates for 2018 for up to 8 people:
|Less Than A Week||$300.00||4 nights|
Please note: there is a cleaning fee of $150 per stay
All stays during May will receive a 25% discount
On arrival and before
- We can do a grocery shop if you are arriving late ($35 service fee)
- We will meet you with the keys and show you where everything is
- Dog friendly - by arrangement
A very practical holiday house for a large family with children who want to be close to the centre of Cairns. It would also suit contractors looking for short term rental accommodation who want the security and comfort of a home with safe off street parking.
View Larger Map