Heliconia, 7 Saidor Close, Trinity Beach
A house full of surprises. From the street it looks like a small cottage hidden in a lush garden below stately palms but as you pass the two antique buddha gateposts and cross the foot-bridge to the front door you realise that this is a 2 storey house and you are entering at the upper level.
A step futher through the large hand-crafted double doors and you enter the huge upper level living room. A very large screen TV on the left wall and the comfiest leather recliners and sofa in front of you. When did you last watch your favourite team in this comfort?
To the right is the dining table and the ultra modern kitchen opening to the verandah overlooking the pool. And what a pool:
Large, round, sparkling and clear as crystal with tall palm trunks carrying orchids and a mass of heliconias, red cordylines, bronze bromeliads, gingers, ferns and smaller clumping palms. This is a very special and peaceful garden.
The attention to detail is striking: you notice the gentle murmur of bubbling water from a small water feature behind the bedrooms and from water running across a slipway of rocks as it returns to the pool.
The poolside sitting area under the verandah is a brilliant lime green with an Indonesian teak sofa covered with purple cushions.
Not to be outdone, the upstairs verandah is outlined in a kind of shocking pink which sets off the rich mauvy blue of the walls of the house. It is an extraordinary colour combination and it works brilliantly, echoing the vibrant colours of the Lorikeet parrots flashing through the garden.
I will say no more - you just have to see for yourself - this is not just an incredible holiday home but a fabulous tropical oasis.
Location: Trinity Beach - shops & Thai takeaway 10 min walk, beachfront 1km
- Shopping Centres - Smithfield 6km, Clifton 6km, Cairns 20km
- Other beaches - Kewarra 5km, Clifton 6km, Palm Cove 10km
- Tablelands - Kuranda 19km, Atherton 88km, Millaa Millaa Falls 115km
- North - Pt Douglas 50km, Mossman Gorge 62km, Cape Tribulation 124km
- South - Babinda Boulders 83km, Josephine Falls 92km, Etty Bay 117km
- Golf - Paradise Palms 5km, Half Moon Bay Golf Club 10km
- Attractions - Tjapukai, SkyRail, Armour Museum, Cable-Ski all 8km
- Sunbus - 100m on Moresby St - Timetable Service 110/111
- Taxi - Ph. 131008
Luxury Trinity Beach 4 bedroom holiday home
- 4 bedrooms - all tiled with air-conditioning & overhead fans
- All bedlinen, towels & swimming towels supplied
- Upstairs - Queen bedroom with ensuite and outside bathroom
- Downstairs - 3 Queen bedrooms & second bathroom
- Cot & highchair for small children
- Upstairs - timber floor, air-conditioned and overhead fans
- Granite benchtops, gas stove, electric oven, microwave
- Dishwasher, large fridge with ice-maker, coffee machine
- Walk-in well stocked pantry (please replace what you use)
- Indoor & verandah dining tables
- Verandah - Weber BBQ, drinks fridge, TV
- Large screen TV, DVD player, stereo
- Downstairs - tiled floors, comfy sofa, large screen TV
- Laundry - washing machine, dryer, iron & board
- Free Wifi internet
Timber verandah deck overlooking the swimming pool and garden
- Off-street parking for 2 cars
- Large crystal clear swimming pool
- Large sunshade umbrella, sun loungers
- Undercover seating
- Beautiful garden
|Prices based on 4 people staying. There are 4 bedrooms with queen beds. Extra persons are $10 pp per night.|
|Peak periods: Mar 24th-Apr 9th, Jun 23rd-Jul 9th, Sep 15th-Oct 6th|
|Off-peak periods: Apr 10th-Jun 22nd, Jul 10th-Sep 14th, Oct 7th-Dec 15th|
|Less Than A Week||$390||4 nights|
|Christmas 2017: Dec 16th - Jan 19th 2018|