Serenity, 13 Hardwick St, Stratford
A chic ground-floor studio apartment on a quiet tree-lined lane in the heart of beautiful Stratford. The apartment is opposite a park (where you can walk your dog) and just a short stroll past lovely old timber "Queenslander" homes to the village shops clustered around the pub.
Stratford is a suburb of trees, winding streets and the best examples of early timber "Queenslander" homes. It is well worth walking all around Stratford and Freshwater as they are probably the best preserved of the older suburbs in the Cairns area. The Limberlost plant nursery at Freshwater has a large collection of tropical plants and a good coffee shop too. The tennis courts are close by the nursery.
The village shops - including a restaurant, a takeaway, a delicatessen and a newsagent, are an easy 10 minute walk. Opposite is the Stratford RSL and beyond is the old Stratford bridge, now a popular spot for fishing on the Barron River. There are more shops at Freshwater (2km) including a very good French Patisserie.
One of the best daytrips from Cairns is the rail journey to Kuranda along the Barron Gorge. The train starts in Cairns but you can join it at the Freshwater Connection, just along the Kamerunga Road from Serenity. The train takes a long sweep up the Redlynch valley before turning up the gorge, crossing the Stoney Creek Falls and stopping to view the Barron Falls.
Return on the Skyrail from Kuranda is, perhaps, even more spectacular as your dangling gondola glides along almost silently above the expanse of dazzling green jungle. It is an incredible way to experience the rainforest canopy. Huge trees, irridescent butterflies and streaking flashes of colour as lorikeets and starlings zip around the tree tops.
Location: Stratford - local shops, pub, delicatessen, RSL - less than 1km
- Cairns CBD, Cairns Esplanade Lagoon, Cairns Airport 9km
- Beaches - Holloways Bch 7km, Trinity Bch 16km, Palm Cove 21km
- Tablelands - Kuranda 21km, Mareeba 56km, Atherton 90km, Millaa Millaa 105km
- North - Pt Douglas 62km, Daintree Ferry 100km, Cape Tribulation 136km
- South - Babinda Boulders 74km, Bramston Bch 89km, Etty Bay 108km, Paronella Pk 117km
- Shopping Centres - Redlynch 6km, Smithfield 9km, Cairns Central 9km
- Golf - Paradise Palms 16km, Half Moon Bay Golf 13km
- Tennis - Lavis Rd 2km
- Limberlost Nursery , Freshwater 2km
- Attractions - Skyrail, Tjapukai, Cable-skiing 8km
- Sunbus Service 121
- Taxi Ph. 131008
Chic ground floor apartment opposite a park
- 1 air-conditioned bedroom - queen bed with ensuite
- All bedlinen & towels provided
- Air-conditioned and overhead fan
- Tiled throughout
- Well equipped kitchen with large fridge
- Basic kitchen supplies - oil, condiments, tea, coffee, sugar
- Groundfloor laundry (shared with owner)
- Large TV
- Free wi-fi internet
- Timber dining deck with table & chairs
- Off-street parking for 1 car
|Weekly||Daily||(Price Guide:Daily pp for 2 people)
|Extra adult $20 pp pn, extra child $15 pp pn, Pets $15 pp pn ( Maximum 2 extra guests & 2 pets)|