Breadfruit Studio, 213 Woodward St, Whitfield
A very neat and well equipped studio in the most in-demand area of Cairns.
Whitfield and Edge Hill run along the rainforested slopes of the Whitfield Range which forms the northern arm of the beautiful green hills surrounding Cairns. The studio is 1km from the village hub of Edge Hill where the cafes and eateries are always busy. The area is incredibly beautiful with wide tree-lined streets and many traditional timber "Queenslander" houses. Woodward St runs through the fiveways roundabout of Edge Hill and on into Collins Avenue - the most beautiful street in Cairns which meanders through the Flecker Botanical Gardens and past The Tanks Arts Centre.
Location: Whitfield and close to the popular cafe scene of Edge Hill (1km)
- Cairns Esplanade north end 3.6km. Esplanade Lagoon 6.4km
- Cairns airport domestic terminal 5km, Cairns CBD 6km
- Northern Beaches - Holloways 11km, Trinity 20km, Palm Cove 26km
- Atherton Tablelands - Kuranda 29km, Mareeba 65km, Atherton 94km
- Going North - Pt Douglas 67km, Daintree Ferry 105km, Cape Tribulation 140km
- Going South - Babinda Boulders 68km, Bramston Beach 84km, Etty Bay 102km
- Shopping - Piccones Manoora 2km, Raintrees 4km, Cairns Central 6km
- Golf - Cairns 13km, Half Moon Bay 18km, Paradise Palms 22km
- Tennis - Edge Hill 1km, Cairns International Tennis centre 3.2km
- Bowls - Edge Hill Bowls club 200m
- Attractions - Skyrail, Tjapukai, Cable-Skiing 12km
- Sunbus stop on Woodward St - Timetable for Sunbus service 131
- Taxi ph. 131008
A neat and well appointed dog-friendly studio for 2
The Studio living space
- Queen size bed
- All bed linen and towels supplied
- Air-conditioned and overhead fan
- Large LCD TV
- Kitchenette with large fridge, double sink
- Microwave,toaster,kettle, electric frypan, rice cooker
- Bathroom with shower & toilet
- Free wifi internet
- Deck with umbrella with outdoor table & chairs
- Private fully fenced garden
Please note that the Studio bedroom has a separate entrance and does not have a direct connecting door into the main house (Pandanus Holiday House). It is a self-contained apartment on the right hand side of the main house with its own private garden garden which opens through a gate into the driveway and directly onto the street through another gate. When another family is using the main house, that family has priority of parking in the driveway so the Studio customer will only be able to park on the street.
|Weekly||Daily||(Price Guide: Daily pp for 2 people)
The Studio can be booked at anytime for non holiday periods. For bookings for stays during holiday periods, the studio can only be booked by itself (if it is available) no earlier than 8 weeks before arrival. This is because it is reserved as the 5th bedroom of Pandanus House.
Peak Holiday periods: Sep 16th-Oct 3rd, Dec 9th-Jan 22nd 2017, Mar 31st-Apr 17th, Jun 23rd-Jul 9th, Sep 15th-Oct 2nd, Dec 8th-Jan 21st 2018
Dog friendly by arrangement - $10 per pet per day fee (maximum 2 dogs)
On arrival and before
- We can do a grocery shop for you if arriving late ($25 service fee)
- We will meet you at the studio with the keys
You really can inspect the house this way. Its fun too.
When you are on the Google Pandanus page move your cursor onto the main image which is the studio.
To move around inthe studio, hold your mouse left button down and slide your mouse left or right. Let go of your mouse button when you want to stop. You can also slide up and down with your mouse to look at the floor or the ceiling.
When you get to the doorway, move the cursor up or down a bit until you see the chevron arrow. Click once and you will move out onto the patio.. You will be outdoors now and you can swivel around by holding your left button down and sliding left or right.
You will probably want to have a look at the main house. You can walk right through the house. It is best to start with the top image of the gate from the street.
Move your cursor to the centre of the gate and move it around a little without clicking. You will see that there is an arrow under your cursor and crosses appearing as you move the cursor up and down. The trick is not to move too far ahead so move your cursor onto the first cross (closest to the gate) and click. That will move you inside the gate and you can swivel round here and see the front garden. You swivel by holding your left mouse button down and sliding the mouse to the left or the right. If you find yourself jumping forward and ending up in another room, just keep playing around until you get the hang of the navigation. Sometimes you have to swivel up or down until you see a cross again. The best way to navigate is to always click on the cross which is closest to you - that way you move forward a bit at a time to the next vantage point where you can look into or go through a doorway.