Pandanus Holiday House, 213 Woodward St, Whitfield
Completely renovated timber Queenslander in a great location. Walking distance to the cafe buzz of Edge Hill village, the Flecker Botanical Gardens and the Tanks Arts & concert venue.
Whitfield And Edge Hill run along the beautiful Whitfield Range which forms the northern boundary of the inner city area of Cairns. These older suburbs, with wide streets flanked with many beautiful trees, are significantly higher than the city and catch the cooling breezes from the south east. The drawcards are the trendy area around the Edge Hill fiveways, the Flecker Botanical Gardens and the Tanks Arts Centre which are further along the gloriously planted Collins Avenue. The gardens are a "must do" with the best public collection of tropical plants in Australia. The Tanks, emerging from the riot of tropical growth and shaded by a magificent Fig tree and the spreading fern-festooned boughs of a giant Raintree, are the arts and music hub of Cairns. Try to catch a concert here - I promise you it's a unique experience.
As well as these nearby attractions, Whitfield is only 6km from the city or less than 10 minutes drive to The Esplanade, the huge public swimming pool known as The Lagoon and all the restaurants in this downtown area. It is well worth walking the whole length of the esplanade. It is a fantastic 3.5km waterfront stroll from the Cruise Terminal to the northern end of the esplanade. The walk takes you past a huge Fig (which has a boardwalk running through it), along by The Hilton and its popular Mondos cafe, past all the yachts and reef boats along the Marina boardwalk, then a digression along the northern finger wharf to see one of the billionaire superyachts, back along the promenade by the swimming lagoon and then on up the esplanade with restaurants on the left and Trinity Bay on the right. This is where the locals go - you will see why this area is so popular.
Location: Whitfield - Local shops, restaurants, hairdresser, Newsagent, Bottle shop 1km
- Cairns Esplanade north 3.6km. Esplanade Lagoon 6.4km
- Cairns Airport 5km, Cairns City 6km
- Beaches - Holloways Beach 11km, Trinity Bch 20km, Palm Cove 26km
- Tablelands -Kuranda 29km, Mareeba 65km, Atherton 94km
- North - Pt Douglas 67km, Daintree Ferry 105km, Cape Tribulation 140km
- South - Babinda Boulders 68km, Bramston Beach 84km, Etty Bay 102km, Mission Beach 141km
- Shopping - Piccones Manoora 2km, Raintrees 4km, Cairns Central 6km
- Golf - Cairns 13km, Half Moon Bay 18km, Paradise Palms 22km
- Tennis - Edge Hill Tennis club 1km, Cairns International Tennis centre 3.2km
- Bowls - Edge Hill Bowls club 200m
- Attractions - Skyrail, Tjapukai, Cable-Skiing 12km
- Sunbus stop on Woodward St - Timetable for service 131
- Taxi Ph. 131008
- 5 bedrooms, all air-conditioned
- All bedlinen, towels and swimming towels supplied
- Bedroom 1 - queen bed, overhead fan, air-conditioned
- Bedroom 2 - king bed (can split to 2 singles), overhead fan
- Bedroom 3 - twin singles, overhead fan
- Main bathroom with shower & bath and separate toilet
2 studio bedrooms
Each has a large LCD TV, a kitchenette with fridge & microwave, a garden deck
- Bedroom 4 - queen bed, ensuite, over head fan and air-conditioning
- Bedroom 5 (Breadfruit Studio)- queen bed, ensuite, overhead fan and air-conditioning
- Timber floors and ceramic tiles
- Well equipped kitchen next to living/dining area
- Large fridge, microwave, easy clean stove & oven (electric)
- Basic kitchen supplies - oil, condiments, tea, coffee, sugar
- Main living/dining area adjoins the kitchen and the front patio
- Laundry - washing machine, iron & board
- Cleaning equipment includes a vacuum cleaner
- Large LCD TV in living room
- Free ADSL wifi internet
- 3 outdoor sitting areas with outdoor furniture
- Carport for 1 car and room for several cars offstreet in the back yard
Please note that the 5th Studio bedroom (Breadfruit Studio) has a separate entrance and does not have a direct connecting door into the main house. It is a self-contained apartment on the right hand side of the main house with its own private garden which opens through a gate into the driveway and through another gate directly onto the street. If, as sometimes happens , the Studio is being rented by a customer other than the family group renting the main house, the gate into the driveway is closed and the group renting the house has the sole use of the driveway and the off street parking.
|Weekly||Daily||(Price guide: Daily pp for 8 people)
|Low Season until March 31st|
|Less Than A Week||$260.00||$32.50||4 nights|
|Price for 4 bedrooms only - 5th bedroom (Breadfruit Studio) with Queen bed $50 per night|
|High Season: April 1st - January 31st 2018|
|Less Than A Week||$300.00||$37.50||4 nights|
|Price for 4 bedrooms only - 5th Bedroom (Breadfruit Studio) with queen bed $60 per night|
|Dog friendly by arrangement - $10 per pet per day (maximum 2 dogs)|
On arrival and before
- We can do a grocery shop if you are arriving late ($35 service fee)
- We will meet you with the keys and show you where everything is
Click here to see Google 360 degree view inside Pandanus House You really can inspect the house this way. Its fun too.
Move your cursor to the centre of the gate in the main image and move it around a little without clicking. You will see that there is an arrow under your cursor and crosses appearing as you move the cursor up and down. The trick is not to move too far ahead so move your cursor onto the first cross (closest to the gate) and click. That will move you inside the gate and you can swivel round here and see the front garden. You swivel by holding your left mouse button down and sliding the mouse to the left or the right. If you find yourself jumping forward and ending up in another room, just keep playing around until you get the hang of the navigation. Sometimes you have to swivel up or down until you see a cross again. The best way to navigate is to always click on the cross which is closest to you - that way you move forward a bit at a time to the next vantage point where you can look into or go through a doorway.
To see the 5th bedroom, which is Breadfruit Studio, click on the third image down on the left and navigate as described above.
The studio is at the right hand end of Pandanus House when looked at from the street. The studio garden is behind the timber paling fence which borders the right hand side of the carport. You will see this when you are navigating around the front garden.
The back garden is accessible through the bedroom behind the kitchen and past the washing machine. It has its own entrance off the street so you can park a car here too.