|View Additional Photos|
August 2015 - Flipkey
Absolutely amazing house,couldn't ask for anymore.
My wife and I plus our three children ages 11, 9 and 7 came to Australia for just over 3 weeks and for all the places we have stayed in our week at Highview House was the highlight. Only a 10 min drive from the airport and the same to the main shopping area in Cairns I found this location ideal. The house itself is absolutely stunning, positioned up on the hill with an amazing view over cairns and is set in a really quiet and peaceful neighbourhood that has a few houses beside it but you feel the like you're the only house there. The decking area was a great space to sit out and relax and we enjoyed many meals out there using the gas bbq. The kids had great fun in the pool which stayed a good temperature well after dark and I thought the for safety the auto lock glass door which only my 11 year old could reach to gain access to the pool was excellent. Inside all the bedrooms were lovely and the master bedroom with walk in wardrobe and en suite was great. We found the garden bedroom great as being set just outside the main house by the decking area it was ideal for the in-laws as it meant the kids could roam free in the house without worrying about waking them up early in the morning.Laundry room and kitchen has everything you need and the tv area with recliner leather seats, satellite package and free Wi fi adds little comforts that makes this house the best holiday house I've ever stayed in. The house was very clean and we all felt at home as soon as we entered the house. The whole house has air con and ceiling fans but even though we had outside temperatures of 27 the house is so cool we didn't have to put the air con on once. Lizzie and Jane from Cairns holiday homes and the owner Malcolm was very pleasant and helpful from the first day i got in contact and everything was stress free and easy to arrange. I would and will recommend this house to anyone I know visiting the Cairns area and I will definitely be staying here again if I'm lucky enough to visit this part of the world again. This is my first ever review on any website and Highview house and a trip we did to Whitsunday Islands gave me the feeling that I had to share. I strongly recommend this house for any length of a break, I'm 100% sure you won't regret booking it!
September 2015 - Flipkey
Outstanding rental property, exceeded our expectations
Highview house was all that we could desire. Outstanding location, well maintained and immaculately clean and presented on arrival.
Nigel S, Adelaide, Australia
We had a wonderful experience using Cairns Holiday Homes. Right from the booking process through to check in with Jane who also left us chocolates and sparkling in the fridge which was a very personal touch. The property location was perfect, the view was amazing. The house had everything that you could need for a home away from home holiday.. Thank you guys we will be back.
Google plus 29/08/2014
We stayed at Highview House in July and had a great time. There was a family of 2 adults and 1 child with mother-in-law along as well. She had her own private space with the king bed room a separate raised bungalow right next to the pool and house (inside the security gates). There was plenty of space and room for us to find our own private corners but the highlight has to be the front sitting room and deck. Every morning we would open the full length bifold doors to enjoy the view. And a swim in the pool (a bit fresh in July but lovely once in!). And a coffee in the hammock or on the sun lounge. In fact we made sure we had enough days off the tourist trail so we could just relax and enjoy the house! It felt like we were living the high life for the week :) The BBQ got a work out and the kitchen was well stocked, in fact the few items we suggested it could do with Lizzie made sure were added to the place. It even has a coffee 'capsule' machine, which we made good use of. The house was a pleasure to stay in; in a nice area, quiet, near Edge Hill cafes, and the Botanic Gardens and the airport, not too far (by car) from a main shopping centre to stock up, and CHH were happy to help in any way (they printed off some tickets for Skyrail that we purchased online) and even checked up on us to make sure all was OK. And it was no problem to do a little shop for us so we had some food the first morning we were in the house (after arriving very late the night before). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend both the house and CHH based on our experience.
Highview Holiday House, 1 Price Close, Edge Hill
Luxury Holiday House with brilliant views to the south. Enjoys the cooling breezes of a hillside location. Walking distance to the popular cafes around the village hub and at the Botanic Gradens along Collins Avenue.
The village of Edge Hill has a great choice of ethnic foods and coffee shops. The Flecker Botanical Gardens are just along Collins Avenue from the village. The gardens are a 'must do' at any time of year and a great place to have breakfast or lunch. There are also guided birdwatching walks at 8.30am on Tuesdays and and free guided garden walks Mon-Fri at 10am.
A little further along is the The Tanks Arts Centre - concerts and exhibitions take place in the converted World War II fuel tanks. Try to take in a concert while you are here - the setting beside massive Raintrees and Strangler figs is something special. The Tanks street market is a day of bustling activity featuring arts, crafts, plants, food and music. It is on the last Sunday of each month.
Centenary Lakes, which is reached by the boardwalk opposite the main garden entrance, is another wonderful area for water-birds.
The well known Red Arrow circuit (1.3km) and Blue Arrow track (5.4km) start just beyond the gardens. They run through the forest clad slopes of the Mt Whitfield conservation park. There are several lookouts with fine views over the city and Trinity Bay.
Location: Edge Hill - local shops, restaurants 1km
- Cairns Esplanade 7km, Cairns Airport 5km
- Beaches - Trinity Beach 19km, Palm Cove 26km
- Tablelands - Kuranda 28km, Mareeba 64km, Atherton 93km
- North - Port Douglas 66km, Daintree Ferry 104km, Cape Tribulation 139km
- South - Babinda 61km, Bramston Beach 84km, Etty Bay 102km, Mission Beach 141km
- Shopping Centres - Brinsmead 2km, Raintrees 4km, Cairns Central 6km
- Golf - Cairns 13km, Half Moon Bay 17km, Paradise Palms 21km
- Tennis - Edge Hill Tennis club (0.5km), Cairns International Tennis (3km)
- Bowls - Edge Hill Bowls club (0.8km)
- Attractions - Skyrail, Tjapukai, Cable-skiing (12km)
- Sunbus stop on Woodward St - Timetable for Sunbus service 131
- Taxi Ph. 131008
Luxury hillside holiday home with a swimming pool
- 4 bedrooms - all air-conditioned and with ceiling fans
- All bedlinen, towels and swimming towels supplied
- Bedroom 1 - King bed, ensuite and private patio
- Bedroom 2 - Queen bed
- Bedroom 3 - 4 king single beds
- Bedroom 4 - King bed or 2 king singles
- 2nd Bathroom
- Hairdryer in both bathrooms
- Marble floors throughout
- Laundry (washing machine & dryer)
- Well equipped kitchen - easy clean ceramic stove, wall oven, microwave, dishwasher
- Large side-by-side fridge-freezer, coffee machine
- Adjoining dining room
- Basic kitchen supplies - oil, condiments, tea, coffee, sugar
- Cleaning supplies, vacuum cleaner
- 2 sitting rooms each with 55" LED TVs, BlueRay, sound system, docking station
- Foxtel (full package) on both TVs
- Free NBN broadband wifi internet
- Outdoor furniture and Weber BBQ (family size)
- High chair and wooden cot available
Large timber deck with uninterrupted views over Cairns to the southern ranges
- 2 car off-street lockable garage
- Large parking forecourt
- Huge timber deck with extensive views over Cairns
- Solar-heated saltwater swimming pool
|Weekly||Daily||(Price guide: Daily pp for 10 people)
|Less Than A Week||$438.00||$43.80||5 nights|
On arrival and before
- We can do a grocery shop if you are arriving late ($35 service fee)
- We will meet you with the keys and show you where everything is
View Larger Map