|View Additional Photos|
"We recently stayed at Lake Tinaroo and had a wonderful time. We had a few hiccups with the booking (our fault) and Lizzie was absolutely fantastic at helping us sort it out. Would highly recommend them."
Alison Q, stayed October 2015
Review (Sep 7th 2015 in True Local)
"We stayed at Lake Tinaroo on the Atherton Tablelands recently opting to use the services of locally based company Cairns Holiday Homes. This paid off after having to make a change to our original booking & the team were prompt to liase with the owners & ourselves. We all had a brilliant stay which was far better than a hotel room could ever offer. Thanks!"
Brendan K, stayed Aug 2014
Tinaroo Sands, Lake Tinaroo
A modern 4 bedroom lakeside home with private beach - spectacular scenery, great fishing, 2 canoes, adventure
Lake Tinaroo at 670m altitude is a wonderful cooler escape from the heat and humidity of the tropical coast in the summer. The surrounding rainforest is amazing - take an early morning walk for the dawn chorus of birdsong or spot a Riflebird shimmering his dazzling blue chest and arching his wings in display.
In the winter you can expect warm days and nights cool enough to enjoy the log fire in the living room. The lake is huge with over 200km of shoreline so it is well worth hiring a boat and fishing gear to explore the many beaches and quiet spots. The lake is well stocked with Barramundi so there is every chance of catching dinner. You can hire a crab pot too to catch Red Claw Yabbies.
The lake is also very popular for water-skiing, sailing and sailboarding.
Location: 7 Russell St, Tinaroo
Tinaroo is a small village with just a basic store at the caravan park. The nearest shop is at Kairi (7km) which also has a pub. The Tablelands has many small and interesting towns or villages where occupations were based around mining, timber cutting and dairy farms. Today it produces an amazing variety of food and drink. Join Food Trail Tours for a day or simply do your own foody tour.
- Atherton 18km (15 min) - Woolworths and main shopping
- Tolga 14km (10 min) - Tolga Woodworks gallery and cafe, Tolga Bakery
- Mareeba 43km (30 min) - Coffee Works, tropical fruit winerys, military museum, war birds joyflights
- Kuranda 77km (1 hr) - Market, Galleries, Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld, BatReach, Venom Zoo, Koala Gardens
- Malanda 32km (25 min) - Nerada Tea Plantation, Gallo Dairyland, Malanda Dairy Centre
- Millaa Millaa 52km (40 min) - Waterfall Circuit
- Herberton 35km (30 min) - Herberton Historic Village, Spy and Camera museum
- Yungaburra 21km (19 min) - Saturday market, Lake eacham Hotel, crater lakes, platypus, bookshop, pottery, Curtain Fig
Lakeside Holiday Home - 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms - 1 king, 2 queen and king (or twin singles)
- 3 bedrooms have lake views, the 4th looks onto the garden
- All bedrooms have TVs and DVD players
- All bed linen and towels supplied
- King bedroom with ensuite and a second bathroom
- Overhead fans throughout
- Laundry with large front loading washer/drier, iron and board
- Very well equipped kitchen and table setting for 12
- Basic kitchen supplies : oil, condiments, tea, coffee and sugar
- Large fridge and freezer, gas stove, electric oven and microwave
- Off-street parking for a car and a boat
- 2 canoes
- Pet friendly
Rates: Tinaroo Sands, Lake Tinaroo
|Weekly||Daily||(Price guide: Daily pp for 8 people)
|Peak periods: Mar 24-Apr 10, Jun 24-Jul 10, Sep 16-Oct 10, Dec 2-22, Jan 6-30 2017|
|Off-peak: Apr 11-Jun 23, Jul 11-Sep 15, Oct 11-Dec 1, Jan 31-Feb 7 2017|
|Weekly||Sun,Mon,Tues,Wed (3 night min)||Fri 10am-Sun 6pm (2 nights)|
|$2470.00||$380.00||$880.00||$44.11 / $47.50 / $55|
|Christmas 2016: Dec 23-Jan 5 2017|
Just 50m from a lovely beach on Lake Tinaroo and well placed for exploring the beautiful scenery and bird-filled forests of the Atherton Tablelands.
View Larger Map