Tinaroo Sands, Lake Tinaroo
A modern 4 bedroom lakeside home with private beach - spectacular scenery, great fishing, 2 canoes, adventure
Lake Tinaroo at 670m altitude is a wonderful cooler escape from the heat and humidity of the tropical coast in the summer. The surrounding rainforest is amazing - take an early morning walk for the dawn chorus of birdsong or spot a Riflebird shimmering his dazzling blue chest and arching his wings in display.
In the winter you can expect warm days and nights cool enough to enjoy the log fire in the living room. The lake is huge with over 200km of shoreline so it is well worth hiring a boat and fishing gear to explore the many beaches and quiet spots. The lake is well stocked with Barramundi so there is every chance of catching dinner. You can hire a crab pot too to catch Red Claw Yabbies.
The lake is also very popular for water-skiing, sailing and sailboarding.
Location: 7 Russell St, Tinaroo
Tinaroo is a small village with just a basic store at the caravan park. The nearest shop is at Kairi (7km) which also has a pub. The Tablelands has many small and interesting towns or villages where occupations were based around mining, timber cutting and dairy farms. Today it produces an amazing variety of food and drink. Join Food Trail Tours for a day or simply do your own foody tour.
- Atherton 18km (15 min) - Woolworths and main shopping
- Tolga 14km (10 min) - Tolga Woodworks gallery and cafe, Tolga Bakery
- Mareeba 43km (30 min) - Coffee Works, tropical fruit winerys, military museum, war birds joyflights
- Kuranda 77km (1 hr) - Market, Galleries, Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld, BatReach, Venom Zoo, Koala Gardens
- Malanda 32km (25 min) - Nerada Tea Plantation, Gallo Dairyland, Malanda Dairy Centre
- Millaa Millaa 52km (40 min) - Waterfall Circuit
- Herberton 35km (30 min) - Herberton Historic Village, Spy and Camera museum
- Yungaburra 21km (19 min) - Saturday market, Lake eacham Hotel, crater lakes, platypus, bookshop, pottery, Curtain Fig
Lakeside Holiday Home - 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms - 1 king, 2 queen and king (or twin singles)
- 3 bedrooms have lake views, the 4th looks onto the garden
- All bedrooms have TVs and DVD players
- All bed linen and towels supplied
- King bedroom with ensuite and a second bathroom
- Overhead fans throughout
- Laundry with large front loading washer/drier, iron and board
- Very well equipped kitchen and table setting for 12
- Basic kitchen supplies : oil, condiments, tea, coffee and sugar
- Large fridge and freezer, gas stove, electric oven and microwave
- Off-street parking for a car and a boat
- 2 canoes
- Pet friendly
Rates: Tinaroo Sands, Lake Tinaroo
|Weekly||Daily||(Price guide: Daily pp for 8 people)
|Peak : Dec 12-Jan 26 2015, Apr 03-19, Jun 26-Jul 12, Sep 18-Oct 05, Dec 11-Jan 24 2016|
|Peak Weekly||$2450||($350)||$43.75||7 nights|
|Please note - Christmas 2015: Dec 22nd- Jan 5th - minimum stay 2 weeks at $350 per night|
|5 nights||(Daily)||(Price Guide: Daily pp for 8 people)||Minimum Stay|
|Off Peak : Oct 7-Dec 11, Jan 27-Apr 04 2015, Apr 20-Jun 25, Jul 13-Sep 17, Oct 06-Dec 12, Jan 25-Mar 23 2016|
|Off Peak 5 nights||$1100||$220||$27.50||5 nights|
Please note: Off peak periods are only available in 5 night blocks starting on a Friday (Fri 10am-Wed 6pm). If you want to stay Fri-Mon only, it still costs $1100.
Just 50m from a lovely beach on Lake Tinaroo and well placed for exploring the beautiful scenery and bird-filled forests of the Atherton Tablelands.
View Larger Map