Tinaroo Sands, Lake Tinaroo
A 4 bedroom lakeside home that has been completely renovated to suit holiday home rental for up to 8 guests.
Lake Tinaroo at 670m altitude is a wonderful cooler escape from the heat and humidity of the tropical coast in the summer. In the winter you can expect warm days and nights cool enough to enjoy the log fire in the living room. The lake is huge with over 200km of shoreline so it is well worth hiring a boat and fishing gear to explore the many beaches and quiet spots. The lake is well stocked with Barramundi so there is every chance of catching dinner. You can hire a crab pot too to catch Red Claw Yabbies.
The lake is also very popular for water-skiing, sailing and sailboarding.
Location: 7 Russell St, Tinaroo
Tinaroo is a small village with just a basic store at the caravan park. The nearest shop is at Kairi (7km) which also has a pub. The Tablelands has many small and interesting towns or villages where occupations were based around mining, timber cutting and dairy farms.
- Atherton 18km (15 min) - Woolworths and main shopping
- Tolga 14km (10 min) - Tolga Woodworks gallery and cafe, Tolga Bakery
- Mareeba 43km (30 min) - Coffee Works, tropical fruit winerys, military museum, war birds joyflights
- Kuranda 77km (1 hr) - Market, Galleries, Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld, BatReach, Venom Zoo, Koala Gardens
- Malanda 32km (25 min) - Nerada Tea Plantation, Gallo Dairyland, Malanda Dairy Centre
- Millaa Millaa 52km (40 min) - Waterfall Circuit
- Herberton 35km (30 min) - Herberton Historic Village, Spy and Camera museum
- Yungaburra 21km (19 min) - Saturday market, Lake eacham Hotel, crater lakes, platypus, bookshop, pottery, Curtain Fig
Lakeside Holiday Home - 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms - 1 king, 2 queen and king (or twin singles)
- 3 bedrooms have lake views, the 4th looks onto the garden
- All bedrooms have TVs and DVD players
- All bed linen and towels supplied
- King bedroom with ensuite and a second bathroom
- Overhead fans throughout
- Laundry with large front loading washer/drier, iron and board
- Very well equipped kitchen and table setting for 12
- Basic kitchen supplies : oil, condiments, tea, coffee and sugar
- Large fridge and freezer, gas stove, electric oven and microwave
- Off-street parking for a car and a boat
- Pet friendly
Rates: Tinaroo Sands, Lake Tinaroo
|Weekly||Daily||(Price guide: Daily pp for 8 people)
|Peak : until Jan 27th 2014, Apr 4th-Apr 21st, June 27th-July 13th, Sep 19th-Oct 6th, Dec 12th-Jan 26th 2015|
|Peak Weekly||$1980.00||($282.86)||$35.36||7 nights|
|Off Peak : Jan 28th-Apr 3rd 2014, Apr 22nd-June 26th, July 14th-Sep 18th, Oct 7th-Dec 11th|
|Off Peak Weekly||$1794.00||($256.29)||$32.04||7 nights|
|Off Peak Fri/Sat/Sun||$330.00||$41.25||2 nights|
|Off Peak Mon/Tues/Wed/Thur||$268.00||$33.50||4 nights|
|Special check out (when available): Monday-Thursday or Friday-Sunday > check in 2pm and check out 6pm|
|" Staying for 7 nights is the best value because the 7th night is free"|
Just 50m from a lovely beach on Lake Tinaroo and well placed for exploring the Tablelands.
View Larger Map