|View Additional Photos|
|Check Red Arrow Availability Calendar|
By email, August 2014
We loved our stay at Red Arrow and will be back. We have already recommended
it to a few people, it such a beautiful home & perfect location.
Thank you once again for everything!!
March 2014, FlipKey
Great place to for a big group
Dave was great, he met us there and showed us through the lodge and gave us our not so little starter pack of fruit, juice, milk, etc. It was very child friendly with everything we needed and was clean and tidy. Short ride to town but felt like you were in the middle of the rainforest, great place!
September 2013, TrueLocal
A group of friends and I recently spent a week in glorious FNQ and stayed at Red Arrow Lodge. David gave us a warm welcome and tour around his beautiful home hidden on the hill behind the Botanic gardens and Red Arrow walking trail. We were instantly relaxed and couldn't wait to kick back around the pool.
The property is split in to two separate homes with the pool in between. We filled both houses and although the majority of our time was spent as a group around the pool or sharing a meal/drink in the kitchen/living space of the main lodge; the layout of the property allowed for plenty of space to relax undisturbed in a far off corner or two!
(Also if you happen like we did to have some musical talent in the group - there's a mini-grand piano to be tinkled on!)
The lodge and pool house have everything you need - literally a home away from home. No one wanted to leave at the end of our week and I would book to stay again in a flash!!!
So, if you're looking to travel to Cairns as a large group I would highly recommend booking in to RED ARROW LODGE.
August 2013, FlipKey
Home away from Home
Dave was a great host and met us on arrival to show us around.
We occupied both the main house and the boat house and the welcome packs were very generous and consisted of heaps of fruit, two bottles of wine, a box of assorted cheeses, a breakfast starter of baon & eggs and a pantry full of other goodies.
Accomodation was great, wish we knew how to play the piano. Great views of Cairns harbour from the balcony.
Close to the CBD and a short walk to the Botanical gardens and coffee shops.
We also had a residnet bush turkey that visited us every morning on the balcony looking for hand outs.
Dave was quick to respond when we had issues e.g. one of the bikes had a flat tire and was fixed within 24 hrs.
Its Ok to drive up the drive way but a real pain when you have to walk it, not too good for unfit people or th elderly. Would also benmefit from some night lighting as quite hary navitgating it at night via the light of a mobile phone.
Red Arrow Lodge, 30-34 Collins Avenue, Edge Hill
Lodge and Pool House from $660 per night high season and $560 pn low season
The Red Arrow Lodge is a modern 4 bedroom house on a 3 acre hillside site which was part of an historic property known as Arcadia. The original house, which is next door, is the oldest house in Edge Hill dating from 1904. The Lodge sleeps 8 guests and shares a beautiful swimming pool with a 3 bedroom luxury Pool Cottage that sleeps 5. The lodge has everything you could need for a fabulous holiday - even a baby grand piano.
Collins Avenue, which passes through the middle of the Botanical Gardens is the most beautiful street to drive or walk in Cairns. Take an early morning walk along Collins for breakfast at the Botanical gardens restaurant. Giant Raintrees draped with ferns , lush beds of ginger and gorgeous geometrical fan palms decorate the footpath. Colourful Brush-Turkeys often cross the road or you may hear the strange haunting call of the Orange-footed Scrub Fowl.
On the way, you pass the Tanks Arts Centre which has an exciting mix of concerts , theatre and art exhibitions. The morning market at the Tanks on the last Sunday of the month (April-November) is lots of fun too.
Location: 30-34 Collins Avenue, Edge Hill (4km north of Cairns CBD)
- 5 minute walk to Botanical gardens and restaurant
- 4km or 5 minutes by taxi (ph: 131008) from Cairns airport
- 10 minute walk to Edge Hill village – Bistro / restaurants, bottle shop, newsagent, hair-dresser and day-spa
- Timetable & routes for Sunbus services 131 , 110/111 , 113/120 , 121
- Taxi:Ph 131008
Luxury Home – 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, gym, sea views and swimming pool
- All bedrooms have air-conditioning and over-head fans
- Queen bedroom 1 – below main living area with panoramic window views over Trinity Bay. Ensuite with shower and spa, galley kitchen, fridge, direct access to the pool deck, TV
- Queen bedroom 2 – ensuite with shower, built in wardrobe and direct access to the main circular verandah
- Queen bedroom 3 – ensuite with shower and spa, walk-in robe
- Queen bedroom 4 - built in wardrobe. Shares the bathroom with bedroom 3 (separate door from passage)
- Huge open plan living area with panoramic windows opens onto deck over-looking Trinity Bay
- Galley style kitchen with island bench gas 5 burner hob, double oven, undercover gas BBQ
- Electrolux dishwasher
- Side by side Samsung fridge/freezer
- Sharp microwave, Blender, Braun stick mixer, Global knives, coffee maker
- Indoor dining seating and table setting for 8
- Baumatic 7kg washer, Omega dryer, iron/board
- Large screen TV
- Downstairs sitting area with large screen TV, Austar
- Baby grand piano
- Gym equipment
Luxury Cottage beside pool – 3 air-conditioned bedrooms with fans, 1 bathroom
- King bedroom 1 - built in wardrobe, TV
- Double bedroom 2 – built in wardrobe
- Single bedroom 3 – built in wardrobe
- Tiled bathroom shared between 3 bedrooms
- 4 ring electric hob and oven, microwave, undercover gas BBQ
- Coffee maker, dishwasher
- Large screen TV, CD player, record player, radio, Foxtel
- Free ADSL internet
- Laundry – 5kg washer, dryer, laundry tub, clothes line behind cottage
Rates: Red Arrow Lodge and Pool Cottage, Edge Hill
|Weekly||Daily||(Price guide: Daily pp for 13 people)||Minimum Stay|
Peak Season: Dec 12th-Jan 26th 2015, Apr 2nd-26th, June 1st-Oct 11th, Dec 12th-Jan 24th 2016
|5 or 6 nights||$770.00||$65.38 / $64.36||5 nights|
|Off-peak Season: Jan 27th-Apr 1st 2015, Apr 27th-May 31st, Oct 12th-Dec 11th|
|5 or 6 nights||$650.00||$56.15 / $55.13|
|Cleaning fee per stay: $400|
|Please note: there is a weekly electricity allowance of $100 to encourage fair use of the air-conditioning|
On arrival and before
- We can do a grocery shop if you are arriving late ($25 service fee)
- We will meet you with the keys and show you where everything is
- Welcome pack - fruit, milk, biscuits
A fantastic home for 13 guests in Cairns most beautiful suburb. Edge Hill fiveways is just a 10 minute walk down beautiful Collins Avenue through the Flecker Botanical Gardens. Cairns Esplanade and all the fun and nightlife that the city has to offer is less than 4km from the Lodge (about a 5 minute taxi ride). Enjoy this unique hillside home, close to everything but with the privacy that goes with 3 acres of surrounding forest and garden.
View Larger Map