Terms and Conditions
Last Updated on Friday, 12 February 2016 20:27
Cairns Holiday Homes
Terms and Conditions – as agreed to by both parties
1. Bookings are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until receipt of the deposit and return of the completed and signed Confirmation Form. This is an online Google Form which is filled out and confirmed online and then returned to us.
2. Availability – if the house, apartment or studio becomes unavailable for any reason, Cairns Holiday Homes reserves the right to move the guest to alternative accommodation at the discretion of Cairns Holiday Homes. This is something that happens only In certain extraordinary circumstances (e.g. due to cyclone damage). The guest may choose not to take the alternative offered and will be fully re-imbursed only up to the amount paid for. In the worst case, it may only be possible to cancel the booking and return all monies paid.
3. A reservation is only confirmed once a deposit payment has been made and the Confirmation Form has been completed and returned. This is important when two or more customers are trying to book the same time period.
4. The house, apartment or studio is offered to you under a licence agreement for holiday use only and only for the period stated on the receipt. We do not currently rent out houses for large gatherings such as parties or weddings. The number of people occupying the premises must not exceed the number of people that were initially booked and/or declared on the registration form and/or had beds provided for.
5. No smoking anywhere inside the house, apartment or studio.
6. A minimum deposit of $500 ($150 for studios) is required to confirm a booking. A security bond will also be required. The bond varies ($150-$1000+) depending on the property and the length of stay. Bookings with a value of $2500 or more will require a deposit of 25%.
7. The deposit/bond will be returned on departure (or deposited within 5 days for electronic transfer) provided that the house is left in a clean and tidy state and breakages have been replaced or paid for. The house is equipped with the necessary cleaning equipment. It is not necessary to do the laundry prior to leaving but wet towels should be hung up. We (the property owner) make allowance for 4 hours of cleaning at $35 per hour. If we think that it may take significantly more time we may hold the bond until the cleaning has been done before returning it in full or with deductions.
8. Cairns Holiday Homes is a marketing agency. All payments are made directly to the owners of the rental property. Any dispute over payment, description or supply of accommodation and goods or services is, ultimately, the responsibility of the rental property owner. However, Cairns Holiday Homes will do it’s best to see a fair resolution in the case of a dispute.
9. There is an allowance of $35-$150 per week for electricity at some properties (see Rates), which is to ensure fair use of the air-conditioning and should be more than adequate. If you use a significant amount more, you will have to pay the difference.
10. Any breakages, damage, losses, faults or malfunctions should be reported by phone as soon as possible (ph. Nick or Lizzie on 07-40452143 or 0438134173 or the property owner) You agree to replace or re-imburse Cairns Holiday Homes property owner for any items which are damaged, broken or lost during your stay.
11. Cairns Holiday Homes property owner requires access to the property for garden and pool maintenance once a week, usually for an hour or so. The owner will phone to arrange a suitable time.
12. Cairns Holiday Homes property owner accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience due to breakdown of any appliance or failure of any supply. However, best effort will be made to repair, or replace with an alternative during normal business hours. ADSL wi-fi and satellite TV are provided as a convenience only and are not integral to the license to use the property. No refund of payments shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to services.
13. The full amount for a stay should be showing as a credit in the owner’s account 30 days prior to arrival. Failure to comply with the payment terms may invoke cancellation of the booking and loss of deposit.
14. Cancellations from booking time up to and including 29 days before arrival will incur loss of the deposit. Cancellations within the 28 days prior to arrival will lead to loss of the full (or part payment) made for a stay, unless the property can be re-booked for the full period. The deposit will be returned only if the full amount (as opposed to a part payment) has been paid. A replacement booking for part of the period may allow for partial re-imbursement less a $100 administration fee. A cancellation after deposit only has been paid results in loss of deposit. We recommend full travel insurance.
15. Bookings made within the 30 day period before commencement of a stay must be paid in full within 3 days.
16. Check-in is generally not before 2 pm. and Check-out is usually 10am. However, we will do our best to allow for early morning arrivals or late departures, bearing in mind the departure/arrival time of previous or following guests.
17. Most of our Cairns Holiday Homes property owners (or their agent) check all guests in and out. Therefore, please try to arrive at the agreed time. If guests are subject to airline or other delays, please make every attempt to advise the owner.
18. Cairns Holiday Homes has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check all information on our websites or any written or verbal information supplied, as at the time of compilation. However, as this information is subject to change, Cairns Holiday Homes accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy, change of description or misdescription contained in the information supplied.
19. Disclaimer - Cairns Holiday Homes does not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
20. There will be a minimum $50 charge for loss of a key set (2 provided) Remote controls for TV’s, Foxtel Satellite TV or Air-conditioners will also be charged for if lost or damaged at replacement cost.
21. These conditions may be subject to change without notice at any time.
22. Payment of the booking deposit or full payment constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Departure from the same by you permits the owner or agent to refuse the key, amend the charge or immediately terminate the occupancy without re-imbursement of any part of the full payment.
February 2016 updated.